I received a full size Katy Kat Eye mascara in Perry Blue and a full size Katy Kat Matte lipstick in Kitty Purry from BzzAgent. Now, this is not my first colour choice for mascara but I’m giving it a try to see how it works and wears.
The mascara retails for $10.99 at drugstores and claims…
- The 360° Sculpting Brush sweeps lashes up and out
- They don’t flake, smear or smudge
- Perry Blue delivers 10X Volume + Fullness (plus, it’s the first-ever electric blue mascara by COVERGIRL!)
So i gave it a try.
Once the mascara is dry you can’t really tell it’s blue. It does an okay job at lengthening and making the lashes look fuller but I don’t think its any better than other drugstore mascaras. It didn’t flake or smudge and was easy to remove.
On to the lipstick which also retails for $10.99 at drugstores and claims…
- There are 11 highly pigmented colours to choose from: Sphynx, Pink Paws, Magenta Minx, Coral Cat, Crimson Cat, Cat Call, Kitty Purry, Cosmo Kitty, Maroon Meow, Catoure and Perry Panther
- Each is infused with nourishing butters such as shea
- A soft finish and creamy feel help the lipstick glide on smoothly
- It’s not dry or dragging on your lips
This shade is not something I’d pick out for myself. I think it’s too light for me. I expected the formula to be creamier based on the claims. It lasted a decent amount of time and was comfortable, I’d say I’d try a shade better suited to me but I’m really trying to cut down on the amount of lip products I own.
My sister in law bought one of the lipsticks and really likes it. She was the one telling me about something for a change 😉
Overall, the mascara didn’t wow me and while the lipstick is decent, I won’t be buying anything from the collection. If you’re a Katy Perry fan and want to check out the collection, I’d say go with a lipstick.
Have you tried anything from the Katy Kat Matte colection? What do you think?
#KatyKatMatte #KatyKatEye #GotItFree